Welcome!Published by admin on Fri, 07/27/2012 - 01:48
Read all the latest in the MLR Update: MLR Update March 2019
To protect Minnesota's lake and river heritage for current and future generations by forging powerful links among lakes, lake advocates, and policy makers.
- Lead in efforts to fund and implement a comprehensive statewide plan to halt the spread of Aquatic Invasive Species.
- Work to reform lakeshore Property Taxes to protect lakeshore from overdevelopment and to keep the lake legacy affordable for future generations.
- Strive to protect surface Water Quality in Minnesota with information and policy priorities.
- Work with policy makers to advocate Aquatic Habitat measures, and work with Lake Association members to implement aquatic plant management.
- Lead in advocating for strong Shoreline and Forestland Stewardship incentives.
- Offer Legacy Seminars to help ensure the treasured family heritage of time a the lake or in the woods with family can continue for generations to come.
MSRPO has become Minnesota Lakes and Rivers Advocates to reflect our broadening mission and member concerns. We were formed in 1994 to represent recreational property owners at the State Capitol but have since represented all who are not only interested in property taxes but in the overall health and well being of their surrounding environment.
From a few cabins on Lake Vermilion, MLR has grown to represent over 6,000 families that own lakeshore and forestland. Their issues now include not only major tax reform, but water quality, shoreline regulations, habitat protection, forest fragmentation, and shoreline over-development.